Personal Data Protection Notice
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia describes how IOI Properties Group Berhad (Company No. 1035807-A) and its respective subsidiaries and associate companies ("IOI Properties") collect, use and protect your Personal Data.
IOI Properties is referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”. Any person using and accessing this Site, the Content or the Services is referred to as the “User”, “you” or “your”.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to us in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time.
Collection of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with IOI Properties and/or any it’s the subsidiaries (“IOI Properties”), we will request that you provide data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into commercial transaction with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future products, new product launches and events including promotional events with business partners within our projects.
Sources from which your Personal Data may be obtained
The Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by us are sourced from wholly legitimate and transparent means such as:
- agreements and contracts for sale and purchase of our properties or for our services;
- official registration forms (either electronic or printed) for new launches or property roadshows, showcases, exhibitions or any other promotional events;
- official Request for Information forms that are provided to you by our employees or agents;
- any emails or any correspondences that we have received from you requesting for information or making any inquiries;
- any forms that you have submitted on our website or any websites contracted by us;
- any referrals from a person which have included their verifiable personal contact details;
- letters of offer from financial institutions (local and foreign) for pre-approved loans;
- business cards that were dropped or given to our employees, agents, brokers or associates; or
- any documents (including but not limited to statutory forms and returns) that were submitted to us for processing.
At no time will any Personal Data be purchased by us or in any way commercially acquired through the purchase or trading of illegitimate and illegal Personal Data databases or lists.
Purposes of Processing
We may use and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (“the Purpose”):
- for registration of a user account with IOI Properties;
- to send you invites to IOI Properties’ property launches, promotional materials, advertisements for marketing purposes; for administrative purposes;
- for assessment and analysis of the market, IOI Properties’ customers and/or potential customers in relation to IOI Properties’ properties and services;
- to monitor, review and improve IOI Properties’ properties and services;
- to be used for internal record keeping;
- to alert and recommend properties similar to those properties you have purchased (if any);
- to maintain, improving or enhance the delivery of our customer service;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of investigation, detection, prevention and prosecution of security breaches, crime or fraud;
- for us to comply with its obligations under law; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
By using the Websites, our products and services, you agree and consent that we use, process and store your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We also wish to inform you that your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties, such as to our subsidiaries, associates, affiliates and/or members within the IOI Properties group of companies, joint venture partners, the landowner, the Joint Management Body, the Management Corporation, Government agencies, the authorities and local council, banks, public amenities and utilities providers, sale and/or sub-sale and/or refinancing lawyers, our contractors, and/or service providers and such other classes of third parties referred to in our Personal Data Protection Policy, which may be located within or outside Malaysia, for reasons relating to the Purpose.
IOI Properties is committed to ensure your personal data is be kept and processed in a secured manner. The appropriate administrative and security safeguards, policies and procedures will be implemented, as far as practicable, in accordance to the applicable laws and regulations. We will, as far as practicable, aim to prevent any unauthorized and/or unlawful processing of, and the accidental loss, destruction or damage to your Personal Data.
To safeguard against unauthorised access to Personal Data by third parties outside IOI Properties, all electronic Personal Data held by IOI Properties is maintained on systems that are protected by secure networks. IOI Properties entities limit access to internal systems that hold Personal Data to a select group of authorised users who are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to Personal Data is limited to and is provided only to relevant users for the purpose of performing their official duties.
Retention of Personal Data
All your personal information collected by IOI Properties will be retained with us and we shall not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the lawful purposes to which it was obtained for.
Rights of Access and Correction
You may submit your complaints, request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
IOI Properties Group Berhad (1035807-A)
Address : Level 25, IOI City Tower 2, Lebuh IRC, IOI Resort City, 62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number : +603 8947 8888
Fax Number : 603 8947 8844
Operating Hours : 9am - 6pm from Mondays - Fridays (excluding Public Holidays)
We may impose a fee for processing the aforesaid requests.
IOI Properties reserves the right to update, revise, amend and/or modify this Personal Data Protection Notice from time to time and in any manner at its absolute discretion but in accordance with the law. Any material changes will be posted on our website with the updated Personal Data Protection Notice.